The Woods’ High Octane OG – available for pickup at terrapincarestation.com – paired with High Octane Meat Sauce
Strain: High Octane OG
Dish: High Octane Meat Sauce
- 1 Heaping Cup Cremini Mushrooms
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Chopped or Pressed
- 1 Medium Shallot, Diced
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Full Lemon, Zested and Juiced
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 3 Large Tomatoes, Diced
- Spicy Red Pepper (optional)
- Israeli Couscous
- Fresh Parsley (1-2 tsp to taste)
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Lightly coat pan with olive oil, adjust stovetop to medium heat
- Break up ground beef in the pan
- Add a dash of salt and pepper
- As beef starts browning, squeeze in juice of one-half of lemon, and stir
- Add diced tomatoes, lemon zest, and stir
- Add balsamic vinaigrette, and stir
- Let cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are soft (10-15 minutes)
- Add mushrooms and stir, cook for 5 minutes
- Add other half of lemon juice, shallots, garlic, stir and let cook for 5 minutes
- Turn off heat, cover and let stand for 4 hours
Now it’s time to get the couscous ready! Follow the instructions on the package to prepare.
Yummy Tip #1: Replace ¼ – ½ cup of the water with lemon juice, chicken or vegetable broth
Yummy Tip #2: Chop up fresh parsley. After couscous is done – add parsley, fluff and serve!
Once the sauce has been marinating for 4 hours, it’s time to plate the dish! Scoop out cooked couscous into plate or bowl, add High Octane Meat Sauce, and add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese & parsley
Why it works: High Octane’s fast-acting and long lasting effects inspire motility, creativity and sociability while relieving physical discomfort. This gassy-smelling hybrid is characterized by its unexpected tart lemon and pine flavors. It’s sticky orange-haired flowers release a sharp and invigorating scent when ground, and often leave it’s users feeling relaxed, motivated and creative.
Chef’s Notes: There’s nothing like a good meat sauce but this fusion of Italian and Mediterranean is one of my personal favorites! Bold and flavorful, with a spicy kick! The bold earthy flavor of High Octane OG pairs perfectly with a hearty meat sauce, and will give you enough energy to clean up afterwards!
To try your hand at our recipes, follow these links!