The supervisor is a facilitator and assistant to the management team who must lead by example and work directly with patrons and staff to ensure that business is being conducted in a compliant and effective manner. Store supervisors report directly to the store managers concerning issues surrounding policy, procedures and daily operation. The supervisor serves as an intermediary between the floor staff and the store managers who keeps operations running efficiently and safely. Supervisors play an integral role in making sure that the patrons of the business receive the best service Terrapin Care Station can provide by attending to issues surrounding sales or other business related interactions.
The Supervisor has many responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Must Hold a Current and Valid Key Occupational License issued by the MED, and pass local background checks where applicable
- Assist and train staff to efficiently handle sales and provide superior customer service
- Effectively delegate the responsibilities and actions of the floor staff
- Relay changes in policies and procedures and introduce sales and specials to staff
- Must have extensive knowledge of all the products in the store and know their safe applications
- Work directly with patrons of the business to ensure quality of service and dissolve issues that may arise concerning product, sales transactions or otherwise
- Oversee actions and procedures to be sure that business is always being conducted within the confines of compliance, including the monitoring of ID verification for entry
- Process and monitor inventory and make sure products are properly received and labeled
- Regularly check expiration dates, packaging and labeling for integrity, content and quality
- Work with store manager to develop strategies surrounding product movement and placement
- Communicate with store manager on issues of quality or risk involving employees, customers or compliance
- Conduct product and compliance research and attend training programs and meetings to stay up to date on important changes in regulatory oversight and product development
- Must be able to navigate a windows operating system and use basic Microsoft Office Programs
- Must be able to navigate and manipulate web-based applications and menus
- Must have experience handling, processing and counting cash for daily deposits and be a creative problem solver who is able to troubleshoot and uncover cash discrepancies and errors
- Must be able to navigate and utilize the inner-workings of the POS system
The supervisor must have a strong presence on the sales floor and work directly with staff to ensure that transactions are being conducted according to implemented policies, procedures and compliance laws. You must be able to think on your feet and be a creative problem solver who is able to keep business operations running efficiently and following all currently applicable compliance laws, no matter what the circumstances. You must be aware of emergency protocols and operating procedures should an event occur, and you may be expected to communicate with law enforcement and compliance officers. You will face many challenges as a store supervisor but your main objective is to work in conjunction with your management team, floor staff, vendors and administration to ensure that patrons of Terrapin Care Station are provided with excellent customer service and an exceptional shopping experience.
Disclosures: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Terrapin Care Station is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm