Social Media and Content Manager
Terrapin Care Station, a leading vertically-integrated cannabis company operating in Colorado, Michigan and Pennsylvania, is growing and looking for a Manager of Social Media and Content. This position is based in Boulder, Colorado, and reports to the VP of Marketing.
Marketing and social media in the cannabis industry is full of unique challenges. An ideal candidate understands these challenges and how to thrive in this rapidly changing, regulated industry. This candidate knows how to manage a professional social media presence at national and local levels, leveraging internal and external resources, and maintain a consistent, unique voice. Additionally, this candidate is a strong writer who continues this voice in written content across all our digital and printed content.
- Execute and implement social media and content strategy in partnership with creative team and marketing
- Leverage a suite of social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram across multiple brands and states. Monitor conversations and work with customer support and marketing, when needed, to address customer concerns.
- Audit the types of conversations in order to drive more specific follow up through content creation.
- Collaborate with the Creative Department, Retail, Communications, and Sales to create and manage an editorial calendar pairing promotional activity with current content to enhance communications and drive better engagement.
- Plan and develop written content in collaboration with marketing, design, and SME’s across the company for use on websites, social media, and print.
- Provide a monthly report of metrics: engagement, shares and likes, both for social media and for all content.
- Abide by all current legal and regulatory requirements as well as the terms and conditions set by the online platforms.
- Monitor the competition through social listening, mapping suggestions for improvements and capitalizing on trends as they emerge.
- Understands specifics of product details to ensure all work provides clear, accurate and compliant information.
- Optimize content according to SEO.
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic, monitor users engagement metrics, and increase content distribution.
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thrive in a regulated, constantly changing industry while maintaining creativity and optimism
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to develop accurate, credible and persuasive content
- Must demonstrate the ability to write persuasively, quickly and accurately in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and ability to juggle multiple projects, work independently and on a team, keep track of short- and long-term priorities, and meet deadlines reliably.
- Proficiency in multimedia communications platforms and tools, including email, website, social media, and advertising.
- Ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with multiple departments, contractors and stakeholders to create and manage content
- Proven examples build a social management system
- Knowledge of cannabis social media and marketing
- 5+ years experience in social media and digital marketing
- Commensurate to experience and qualifications. Includes Benefits
About Terrapin Care Station:
Founded in 2009 in Boulder, Colorado, Terrapin Care Station is a cultivator, processor and provider of high-quality medical and retail cannabis products with some of the most affordable prices on the market. We have grown from a grassroots operation into a rapidly-expanding company with room for growth. Our goal is to provide a quality product at an affordable price through efficient operations. We are always looking for qualified, motivated people to add to our team. www.terrapincarestation.com
Disclosures: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel.
Terrapin Care Station is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm