Budtenders are the face of the Retail Marijuana Industry that represent the mission and the goals of Terrapin Care Station while providing superior customer service and maintaining a level of product knowledge to meet the needs of the patron, while providing an education on the safe consumption of available products. They are also responsible for knowing the laws that govern a legal sale of marijuana in either a medical or retail setting to ensure that the business is operating within the confines of compliance. They are the last person in the seed-to-sale chain of production who has the task of delivering products while giving the customer the best experience Terrapin Care Station can provide.
There is a long list of tasks you may be asked to perform on the job, but here are a few of the skills you must possess:
- Must hold a current and valid occupational license issued by the MED
- Customer Service: Patience, Positivity, and Productivity! Should be willing to listen to the needs of the customer with patience and positivity while facilitating a productive interaction that best meets the needs of the patron
- Organization and Focus: Should be a very organized person who keeps a clean work environment and is able to multi-task and pay close attention to detail, in a potentially high volume setting
- Weights and Measures: Should know the weights of the different increments and units of measure (sixteenth, eighth, quarter, ounce, etc.), and have a basic understanding of the associated pricing structure
- Cannabis Knowledge: Should have experience in the use of cannabis and possess a willingness to learn strain genetics including their properties and effects
- Product Knowledge: Must possess a willingness to learn the effects and applications of available concentrates and the other various THC infused products; must also be aware of the available accessories and their basic functionality
- Compliance Knowledge: Must be aware of all laws surrounding compliance in retail operations
- Cashier Skills: Should have some experience using a cash register and have basic math skills and be confident dealing with cash and making change; have a basic understanding of how a Point of Sale System works
- Computer Literacy: Should be able to use a windows operating system including Microsoft Office and Should have a knowledge of web-based menus and applications
* If you are applying for this position in an Aurora location, you must have no misdemeanor drug charges on your record.
A budtender is one of the most important roles in the operation of the business because they represent the company in the way that they interact with the patron. A budtender should maintain patience, positivity, and productivity to the best of their ability with the idea that their actions and goals facilitate the most efficient operations of the sales floor while maintaining a welcoming, and accessible environment for all of our customers. We strive to provide the best customer experience aimed at attending to the needs of every customer that visits Terrapin Care Station.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Terrapin Care Station is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm