Grand Rapids, MI
Fast growing national cannabis brand seeks a Production Manager. This position will report to the Director of Production, State Director of Operations and Ownership. This self-motivated individual is responsible for the Harvest and Packaging Managers and their respective departments. This position equires consistent and regular communication with company management to coordinate and facilitate the safety, efficiency, productivity and compliance surrounding all actions of the Production Department. The Production Manager focuses on improvement and development of the Production Department’s methods, including the implementation of new procedures and equipment with a focus on automation. The Production Manager will relay department developments, state regulations and maintain company rules and regulations per the company Employee Handbook and Department SOP’s via department meetings. The Production Manager supports the Harvest and Packaging Mangers with decision making, including workflow, inventory control, purchasing, staffing/scheduling and prioritizing productivity while demonstrating strong time management and organizational skills. A successful candidate develops department management and associates to ensure a safe, positive, efficient, productive, accessible and compliant Production Department.
- Manage the Production Department Supply Chain. Tracking harvest schedules and yields. Tracking inventory levels of raw product, WIP and finished products. Including inventory levels of all packaging and labeling items, assisting the State Inventory Manager.
- Assist in the development of packaging, labeling and implementation of new product SKU’s
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of all State Regulations and Company Rules, Including knowledge of State and Company Inventory Tracking Systems. Focusing on accurate monthly inventory counts, audits and reporting.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and knowledge of all Production Department Functions and Products.
- Provide the correct equipment, training and support to ensure products are correctly stored, accurately inventoried, processed, packaged, labeled and transferred in and out of the Production Department.
- Oversee actions and procedures to be sure that business is being conducted within the confines of state compliance
- Maximize the production process considering costs including, packaging, labeling, shipping and staffing.
- Stay current on all department equipment, maintain relationships with equipment suppliers and ensure that staff maintains and uses equipment correctly.
- Attend training programs and meetings to stay up to date on important changes in regulatory oversight, including packaging and labeling compliance, pesticide programs and inventory tracking systems.
- Promptly address all concerns from the Production Harvest and Packaging department. Utilizing information and knowledge from supporting departments to make logical, responsible and compliant decisions.
- The manager should be able to deal effectively with personnel requests, scheduling, and issues. This would include but not be limited to handling onboarding personnel, managing time sheets, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment.
At a minimum, here’s what you need:
- Current State Mandated Badge
- At least 3+ years of cannabis industry experience
- Able to manage multiple tasks in a fast moving, highly regulated environment with deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and organizational abilities
- A strong competency working with digital spreadsheets. (Excel, Google sheets)
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to perform other duties as needed
We’d also like if you have:
- At least 3+ years of management experience
How we treat our customers is how we treat all applicants with care & respect. Our organization thrives on a diverse environment. Terrapin Care Station is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). All applicants will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. If you require a reasonable accommodation, you may contact us by email@example.com
About Terrapin Care Station:
Founded in 2009 in Boulder, Colorado, Terrapin Care Station is a cultivator, processor and provider of high-quality medical and retail cannabis products with some of the most competitive prices on the market.
Terrapin Care Station has grown from a grassroots operation into a rapidly-expanding company with room for growth. Our goal is to provide a quality product at an affordable price through efficient operations. We are always looking for qualified, motivated people to add to our team.