Location: Kansas City, MO
Terrapin is looking for a Sales Manager to join our growing company. As a Boulder, Colo.-based national cannabis company, Terrapin is a pioneer in the emerging industry. Terrapin is a cultivator, processor and provider of high-quality medical and recreational cannabis products. Over 10 years of operations, Terrapin has grown into a multi-state company with nearly 400 employees. As we have expanded nationally, our need for a Sales Manager has grown significantly. The MO Sales Manager is an integral part of the Sales team and overall operations at Terrapin. This position is responsible for actively selling Cannabis and lab products to dispensaries in Missouri and works closely with the National Sales Director to execute statewide sales strategies. The Sales Manager will be focused on growing the Terrapin flower brand as well as our Double Bear concentrate brand in stores across Missouri and is ultimately responsible for building strong, long-term partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sell all available flower and lab products to meet weekly sales goals
- Build rapport with existing partners and new prospects
- Make regular store visits to partner locations to ensure Terrapin is well represented
- Maintain deep knowledge of our product line and operating philosophy to educate retail staff on our products, while answering questions and gathering feedback
- Alert partners to new/restocked products
- Upsell partners on products that they may not yet be carrying
- Work to ensure high-demand products are allotted correctly
- Grow revenue by gaining new partners and expanding skus/quantity with existing partners
- Maintain a deep understanding of partner needs and market trends- strains, products, competition
- Work with marketing and the sales team to strategize, organize and send out sales campaign messaging on a routine basis
- Develop, and maintain, a strong understanding of Cannabis laws and compliance in MO
- Resolve any partner/customer related concerns regarding sales and service
- Arrange and execute in-store pop-ups to “meet and greet” with patients and dispensary staff to educate on our products as well as attend events that we sponsor
- Internal Responsibilities
- Create orders in LeafLink for new orders and have the ability to edit/update orders as needed
- Work with National Sales Director and Production teams to ensure the right product mix is being produced week to week
- Develop sales strategies to increase revenues and gain new partners
- Prepare budgets as necessary and maintain strong expense management
- Work with secured transportation companies and production teams (as needed) to ensure delivery schedules meet partner needs
- Communicate partner requests and needs to National Sales Director and Sales Coordinator, as well as other relevant departments
- Communicate with billing department on accounts receivable, all product returns, account credits etc. and action any necessary tasks to ensure AR is current across our portfolio
- Monitor and report back on competition, economic indicators, and industry trends
- Weekly reporting on key metrics
- Work with marketing team to execute marketing campaigns
Qualifications and Requirements
- High school degree required, Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent preferred
- At least 3 years experience in sales, with field sales experience, managing a territory and quota (Cannabis sales experience preferred)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient in CRM systems and the Google Suite
- Knowledge of the Leaf Link application is preferred
- Strong knowledge of cannabis products
- Ability to enter and visit, medical dispensaries
- Driver’s license with clean driving record and ability to travel to partner locations and events
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Terrapin is a consumer-focused cultivator, processor and provider of high-quality medical and recreational cannabis products. Founded in 2009, we have six storefronts on Colorado’s Front Range and operate a medical cannabis grower/processor operation in Clinton County, Pa. Terrapin also operates a medical cannabis grower/processor facility in Grand Rapids, Mich. For more information, visit TerrapinCareStation.com. Follow TCS on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Disclosures: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Terrapin Care Station is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm