Location: Ann Arbor/Detroit, MI
Terrapin, a leading vertically-integrated cannabis company operating in Colorado, Michigan and Pennsylvania, is growing and looking for a Brand Ambassador for their flower and concentrate brands. This position is based in Eastern Michigan and reports to the Michigan Brand Manager.
An enthusiastic, outgoing personality, you showcase our company and our products by building excitement, providing education and generating overall interest. A qualified candidate will have experience working with brands and communicating the brand’s message to potential customers. The candidate should have a thorough ability to communicate product differentiators and learn the processes behind the growth and production of products. They should enjoy setting up and attending events but thrive on helping people and building connections. We are looking for a great team member that will take our brand to the next level and ultimately drive more sales.
Position: Part-time, Hourly
- Build and manage brand presence through store visits, in-store events, and staff education.
- Understand the brand’s mission, vision, services and products to represent the brand’s personality and voice at events
- Organize the company’s participation at events and ensure timely setup
- Fill out post-event feedback reports to give the company-specific information about customer demographics, customer feedback and sales during the event
- Take photos and create content from events to share experiences
- Work with the company’s marketing team to understand and implement the brand marketing strategy at events
- Develop expertise on all Terrapin brands and products as well as competitive products in the field
- Create and maintain relationships with stores that sell the company’s products.
- Track customers’ preferences, gather and analyze competitors, and suggest marketing ideas
- Manage inventory levels and ordering of promotional items for vendor events and give-aways
- Collaborate with social media and content teams to monitor conversations, create or obtain local content and work with customer support to address customer concerns.
- Understands specifics of product details to ensure all work provides clear, accurate and compliant information.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thrive in a regulated, constantly changing industry while maintaining creativity and optimism
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to write persuasively, quickly and accurately
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and work independently and on a team
- Proficiency in multimedia communications platforms and tools, including email, website, social media, and advertising.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with multiple departments, contractors and stakeholders to create and manage content
- Be able to lift 50 lbs
- Reliable transportation to and from event locations
- Proven examples of managing a brand’s reputation
- 2+ years experience in marketing, brand management, events or advertising
Compensation: Commensurate to experience and qualifications.
Terrapin is a consumer-focused cultivator, processor and provider of high-quality medical and recreational cannabis products. Founded in 2009, we have six storefronts on Colorado’s Front Range and operate a medical cannabis grower/processor operation in Clinton County, Pa. Terrapin also operates a medical cannabis grower/processor facility in Grand Rapids, Mich. For more information, visit TerrapinCareStation.com. Follow TCS on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Disclosures: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Terrapin Care Station is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm