Terrapin Care Station is looking for a Lab Manager to join our Phi Strategies laboratory which is a multi-functional extraction and distillation lab. The primary objective of the lab is to produce top quality hydrocarbon concentrates and distillate. The role of the laboratory manager is to help facilitate the production schedule to meet store and wholesale demands through management of the extractors and other lab staff. The Lab Manager will report to Director of Extraction Operations.
- Effectively organize and understand inventory and lab supply levels at all times. This role will be responsible for managing and documenting incoming and outgoing inventory. This will require interface with multiple departments which may include, but not limited to, staff from retail, production, purchasing and operations in order to understand production needs.
- The manager should be able to deal effectively with personnel requests, scheduling, and issues. This would include but not be limited to handling onboarding personnel, managing time sheets, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment.
- Identify opportunities and potential solutions to improve lab performance/quality/efficiency to enhance our products for our customers, reduce waste, and/or maximize revenue.
- Responsible for arranging for and/or routine maintenance on laboratory equipment. Should be comfortable working in a laboratory setting, around chemicals and equipment typical to hydrocarbon extraction.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment. This includes working closing with the EHSS department to ensure all policies and procedures are maintained and followed.
- Interface with third party testing labs to arrange testing and analysis of our products. Which includes troubleshooting any results.
- Lab Manager should be willing to work any of the lab responsibilities in result of being short staffed.
- Must be aware of all laws surrounding packaging and labeling compliance and medical or retail business operations
At a minimum, here’s what you need:
- At least 3 years of laboratory experience
- Strong Competency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong Organization Skills
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform other duties as needed
We’d also like if you have:
- At least 3 years of management experience
- At least 1 year of cannabis experience
How we treat our customers is how we treat all applicants with care & respect. Our organization thrives on a diverse environment. Terrapin Care Station is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). All applicants will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
About Terrapin Care Station:
Founded in 2009 in Boulder, Colorado, Terrapin Care Station is a cultivator, processor and provider of high-quality medical and retail cannabis products with some of the most competitive prices on the market.
Terrapin Care Station has grown from a grassroots operation into a rapidly-expanding company with room for growth. Our goal is to provide a quality product at an affordable price through efficient operations. We are always looking for qualified, motivated people to add to our team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- Laboratory: 3 years (Required)
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cannabis: 1 year (Preferred)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Work Location: One location (Aurora, CO)
This Job Is:
A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
Schedule: Monday to Friday Day shift