Harvest team members are responsible for insuring the product is accurately and efficiently harvested to the quality standards of Terrapin Care Station. The harvest crew members are an important part of the seed-to-sale chain of production and act as the bridge from garden to store, ensuring delivery of the best customer experience Terrapin Care Station can provide.
There is a long list of tasks you may be asked to perform on the job, but a qualified candidate will possess these skills:
- Wet Plant Harvest (“Pull and Hang”): Should be efficient both with “de-fanning” and “hanging” so that product can cure correctly.
- Dry Plant Harvest: Should have experience in both dry trimming and de-boning and know the different techniques for the various strains harvested. A combination of speed and accuracy are needed. Should be able to vary technique based on the needs of the store or management.
- Strain Separation: Team members must be aware of what strain they are harvesting and must stay organized to ensure no product is mislabeled or misplaced.
- Take Direction: Harvest team members report to the Harvest Manager, who is in charge of the daily operations of the Harvest team and may assign tasks as needed
- Clean Work Space: All team members should help in keeping the work environment clean and always help clean before breaks or at the end of the day. There at no time should be open containers on trim tables.
- Cannabis Knowledge: Should possess a willingness to learn strain genetics and morphology, as well as signs of disease or other quality issues.
- Compliance Knowledge: Must be aware of all laws surrounding compliance in medical or retail business operations. Must be detail oriented enough to assist with tracking plant waste and other aspects of maintaining compliance.
- Mileage: Tracks all mileage as travel from one facility to another is needed and enters into proper file and save by the end of each pay period.
* If you are applying for this position in an Aurora location, you must have no misdemeanor drug charges on your record.
The harvest team is one of the most important roles in the production operation. Harvest team members should care about accuracy and should maintain patience, positivity, and productivity to the best of their ability. Harvesting can be an intense job with repetitive functions, so it is paramount that quality and care is the main goal of all team members.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Terrapin Care Station is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm