Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Fast growing national cannabis brand seeks a Harvester. This position will report to the Harvest Manager and Harvest Lead. This self-motivated individual oversees department wet harvest and dry trim. Harvest team members are responsible for insuring the product is accurately and efficiently harvested to the quality standards of Terrapin Care Station. The harvest crew members are an important part of the seed-to-sale chain of production and act as the bridge from garden to store, ensuring delivery of the best customer experience Terrapin Care Station can provide.
- Be efficient both with “de-fanning” and “hanging” so that the product can cure correctly.
- Experience in both dry trimming and de-boning and know the different techniques for the various strains harvested. A combination of speed and accuracy are needed. Should be able to vary technique based on the needs of the store or management.
- Be aware of what strain they are harvesting and must stay organized to ensure no product is mislabeled or misplaced.
- Aid in keeping the work environment clean and always help clean before breaks or at the end of the day. There at no time should be open containers in the trimming area.
- Possess a willingness to learn strain genetics and morphology, as well as signs of disease or other quality issues.
- Compliance Knowledge: Must be aware of all laws surrounding compliance in medical or retail business operations. Must be detail oriented enough to assist with tracking plant waste and other aspects of maintaining compliance.
- At a minimum, here’s what you need:
- Current State Mandated Badge or Background Check.
- A strong competency working with digital spreadsheets. (Excel, Google sheets)
- Able to manage multiple tasks in a fast moving, highly regulated environment with deadlines
We’d also like if you to have:
A self-motivated and teachable mentality.
How we treat our customers is how we treat all applicants with care & respect. Our organization thrives on a diverse environment. Terrapin Care Station is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). All applicants will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation, you may contact us by email@example.com
Disclosures: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Terrapin is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm