Terrapin Pennsylvania is looking for a motivated, self-directed formulator to be responsible for organizing and executing the weekly schedule for post-processing of all extraction processes undertaken in the lab and formulation of lab products. These include currently but are not limited to CO 2 extraction for distillate, hydrocarbon extraction for concentrates, and ethanol extraction for RSO products. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to organize and execute a weekly plan for products, the ability to calculate precise concentrations of cannabinoids in fluids, and the ability to lead others while carrying out all duties.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Planning in collaboration with sales, marketing, and lab management to prepare various refined intermediates to be able to meet production needs for the laboratory product line.
- Oversee the refinement of extracted crude oils as they are processed into final oil or concentrate form.
- This includes the performance of the lab technicians assisting in purification and concentrate finishing.
- Preparing mixtures of formulated products including but not limited to vaporizer oils, capsules, and tinctures.
- This includes documentation and oversight of product testing with third party testing labs in collaboration with the MJ Freeway coordinator.
- All documentation related to post processing, including but not limited to:
- quantities of materials received
- yields on filtration, winterization, and distillation
- quantity of materials produced.
- Maintaining or arranging for maintenance of relevant processing equipment and all related necessary documentation.
- Experience dilution and concentration calculations
- Experience in leading others
- BS in applied science a plus, but can be replaced with relevant laboratory experience
Disclosures: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Terrapin Care Station is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected
by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm