Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Fast growing national cannabis brand seeks a Flower Packager. This position will report to the Packaging Manager and Combo Scale Supervisor. Flower Packagers are critical to our business as they bottle and package Terrapin’s flower high quality products. Individuals in this role are responsible for packaging all flower products with speed, quality, and accuracy. Flower Packagers are to adhere to our standards for bottling and must meet industry compliance requirements. A Flower Packager is one of the most important roles in the operation because they are the final step in production before our product becomes available to our customers.
- Responsible for understanding the components of compliance surrounding packaging and labeling; and ability to apply labels to products as outlined in the standard bottling procedure
- Thoroughly understand and operate the routine maintenance of single load and combination scales
- Ability to operate an automated filling machine
- Ensure accurate counts of inventory of product. Assist with packaging supplies and equipment as needed
- Must be aware of all laws surrounding packaging and labeling compliance for medical or retail business operations
At a minimum, here’s what you need:
- Current State Mandated Badge or Background Check.
- A strong competency working with digital spreadsheets. (Excel, Google sheets)
- Ability to stand for 8 hours a day
- Ability to pass a background check
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform other duties as needed
- Able to manage multiple tasks in a fast moving, highly regulated environment with deadlines
We’d also like if you to have:
1+ years of previous cannabis experience
How we treat our customers is how we treat all applicants with care & respect. Our organization thrives on a diverse environment. Terrapin Care Station is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). All applicants will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation, you may contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosures: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Terrapin is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm