Terrapin Care Station, a leading vertically-integrated cannabis company operating in Colorado, Michigan and Pennsylvania, is growing and looking for a Creative Director. This position is based in Boulder, Colorado, and reports to the VP of Marketing.
We’re looking for a visionary creative with a crispy style, wicked design chops and the know-how to build a national brand. As a small and growing team, this working creative must be able to deliver the goods while establishing processes and maintaining the creative vision and strategy for all brand touch points – promotional campaigns, store experiences, product launches, community activation, photo shoots, video, live events, and digital experiences.
Objectives of this Role
- Build, lead, and review work of the creative team in the production of all web, print, and digital marketing collateral
- Spearhead and manage creative strategy for both small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, compelling content, and technology
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales departments in developing business-to-business marketing, analyzing results, and identifying opportunities
- Develop marketing campaigns that translate marketing objectives across business lines into clear and motivating creative strategies
- Meet budget standards by forecasting and managing expenses for creative projects
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Supervise the output of all graphic designers, social media, content creators and photographers/videographers in the strategic development of messages and deliverables
- Prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs, establishing production schedules, identifying resources, and
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with creative and marketing team, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner
- Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling print materials and digital experiences for visually sophisticated audiences
- Present, or oversee presentation of final concepts, and obtain approvals for deliverables
Skills and Qualifications
- 10 years of related experience with 7+ years of creative direction in agency, product brand or corporate setting
- Experience in cannabis or with other regulated industries preferred
- Understanding and past experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, retail and print
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Terrapin/Terrapin Care Station is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm