Location: Boulder, CO
Terrapin is looking for a Compliance Manager to join our growing company. As a Boulder, Colo.-based national cannabis company, Terrapin is a pioneer in the emerging industry. Terrapin is a cultivator, processor and provider of high-quality medical and recreational cannabis products. Over 10 years of operations, Terrapin has grown into a multi-state company with nearly 400 employees. As we have expanded nationally, our need for a Compliance Manager has grown significantly.
The Compliance Manager will conduct regular onsite audits of facilities making sure that all local and state regulatory requirements are being met and maintained. The position will be responsible for helping implement rule changes and they arise. This position would work closely with management to make certain all standard operating procedures are being followed in the field. Compliance Manager
would make sure necessary documentation is filed and required business records organized and available should regulators request them. This position would also coordinate significantly with the Compliance Director to correct any deficiencies found in the field. This position would audit security equipment, inventory procedures and processes, and software development to make certain all systems support regulatory compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to all facilities, to conduct quarterly compliance audits, and support staff to correct deficiencies
- Review SOPs in field to make certain they are being followed
- Train management on regulations if deficiencies are observed
- Coordinate with onsite compliance administrator to ensure compliance standards are clear and maintained in each facility
- Organize and assist with departmental compliance training
- Assist in building Company Wide Compliance Program as company grows
- Assist in rolling out process changes or additions as rule as State and local rules change
- Coordinate inspections with state and local regulators
- Incident management
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Understanding of Metrc and Seed to Sale Tracking
- Background in investigation and regulatory compliance
- Communication skills and diplomacy to sensitive information
- Proficiency with general software applications, including Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Google Drive, Google forms, Google sheets, etc.);
- Knowledge of governmental agencies and regulatory organization
- 3-5 years in marijuana regulatory compliance, or similar compliance experience in highly regulated fields (gaming, liquor, etc.)
- Law enforcement experience preferred
Terrapin is a consumer-focused cultivator, processor and provider of high-quality medical and recreational cannabis products. Founded in 2009, we have six storefronts on Colorado’s Front Range and operate a medical cannabis grower/processor operation in Clinton County, Pa. Terrapin also operates a medical cannabis grower/processor facility in Grand Rapids, Mich. For more information, visit TerrapinCareStation.com. Follow TCS on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Disclosures: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Terrapin Care Station is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm