Location: Remote + Boulder, CO
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Art Director will become fluent in each of the brands in the Terrapin portfolio (Terrapin, Terrapin Care Station, Double Bear, The Woods, Resolute Remedies, and upcoming brands), applying the established creative directions for each, using them to design and execute high-quality work in various mediums across multiple consumer touchpoints. We’re looking for someone with a high degree of visual design and who is comfortable working on multiple projects in different stages and across varying timelines. You will be working with a national brand in an emerging industry that reflects a startup environment – fast-paced and ever-changing. The ability to execute creative precision across all projects while staying agile and comfortable with change is essential.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to execute artistic direction.
- Pick up the established creative direction and provide a high caliber of execution in all design disciplines, including graphic, print, and digital, ensuring consistency across every touchpoint.
- Participate in creative brainstorms and creative inspiration sessions.
- Develop tactics that bring creative concepts to life.
- Manage multiple jobs on various timelines simultaneously.
- Work closely with project stakeholders to determine clear project timelines and coordinate all creative needs for individual projects.
- Work effectively with external vendors and internal colleagues to deliver final assets for deployment.
- 4+ years of experience as a Sr. Graphic Designer and/or Art Director. Zero creative ego.
- A design degree is not required if you have a strong portfolio that exhibits an exceptional understanding of visual communication across multiple mediums.
- Exceptional experience with layout, composition, typography, and information design.
- Knowledge and experience in designing for a mobile environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate the reasoning behind design concepts and decisions.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to present multiple solutions to a creative challenge.
- The ability to take creative direction and build on feedback positively.
- Experience managing day-to-day changes at every level of detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional fluency with industry design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and InDesign. Experience with the Google Suite (Drive, Docs and Slides) is a plus but not required.
- A plus: CPG experience and packaging design, social media assets and basic animation (GIF, stop motion), video storyboarding.
Terrapin is a consumer-focused cultivator, processor and provider of high-quality medical and recreational cannabis products. Founded in 2009, we have six storefronts on Colorado’s Front Range and operate a medical cannabis grower/processor operation in Clinton County, Pa. Terrapin also operates a medical cannabis grower/processor facility in Grand Rapids, Mich. For more information, visit TerrapinCareStation.com. Follow TCS on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Disclosures: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Terrapin Care Station is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm