Terrapin Care Station is seeking a botany/horticulture manager with extensive background and skills in the area. This job will be working directly with legal medical and recreational cannabis
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintaining implementation of an Integrated Pest Management System. This system is broad in description for all TCS cultivation facilities with custom tailored applications for regional climate and pest pressure.
- Research application of new and or relabeled pesticides as they become available to the cannabis industry.
- Maintain and develop existing breeding programs with attention to pest resistance, potency and quantity of production.
- Research and preservation of new and existing genetics for cannabis, including hemp varieties.
- Collect and analyze substrate and water samples from gardens to increase fertigation efficiency.
- Assist in preparing licensing applications for new facilities as TCS continues to expand.
- Hands-on work in the gardens, working directly with individual managers. This means physical work, including applying pesticides or being involved with
- Some travel is required to existing facilities, as well as helping to establish breeding facilities and IPM’s for new gardens. Qualifications
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in related fields of Horticulture or Botany
- Five to seven years of experience with breeding/genetics and seed stabilization, as well as with plant pathogen management, nutrient development, planting and harvest planning.
transplanting, pruning and nutrient applications.
Disclosures: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Terrapin Care Station is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.