ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
The Assistant Store Manager is a facilitator and an assistant to the Store Manager who must work directly with patrons and staff to ensure that business is being conducted in an effective and compliant manner. Assistant Store Managers report directly to the Store Manager concerning issues surrounding policy, procedures and operations. The Assistant Store Manager serves as an intermediary between the floor staff and the Store Manager and works in conjunction with the budtenders to keep operations running smoothly and safely. The Assistant Store Manager must play an integral role in making sure that the patrons of the business receive the best service Terrapin Care Station can provide, by attending to issues surrounding sales or other business related interactions.
The Assistant Store Manager has many responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Must Hold a Current and Valid Key Occupational License issued by the MED, and pass local background checks where applicable
- Must be an autonomous and independent overseer who leads by example and sets a tone for a positive, rewarding, and efficiently operated work place
- Keep staff motivated and inspired to continue positive and productive performance with an emphasis on customer service, compliance and efficient operations
- Assist and train staff to efficiently handle sales and provide superior customer service
- Effectively delegate the responsibilities and actions of the floor staff
- Relay changes in policies and procedures and introduce sales and specials to staff
- Work directly with patrons of the business to ensure all needs are met and that Terrapin is providing an exemplary shopping experience
- Must have extensive knowledge of all the products in the store and know their safe applications
- Must be able to maintain balanced cash accounts including managing nightly deposits and monitoring change banks
- Must be an expert problem solver and able to creatively and effectively find solutions to balance cash handling errors, dissolve issues on the sales floor concerning compliance, customer complaints, product issues or interpersonal conflicts between employees
- Communicate with Store Manager on issues and / or submit ideas surrounding sales, marketing ideas, and other useful information which might be helpful in increasing profit
- Communicate with Store Manager on issues of quality or risk, including problematic concerns relating to supervisors or other staff members; or positive feedback for top performers and strong initiative
- Assist Store Manager in communication with or project completion for Upper Management, Administrative staff, COO or Owner when necessary
- Work with Store Manager, shipping and receiving department and store supervisors to develop strategies surrounding product placement and movement
- Assist the Store Manager in any way possible concerning the store’s daily operations and be willing to adapt, maintain flexibility, and provide support where needed
- Assist Store Manager with making schedules to ensure staffing needs are met
- Assist in the monitoring of inventory and make sure products are properly received, labeled and sold according to mandated regulations, keeping sales ops safe and compliant
- Regularly check expiration dates and packaging and labeling for compliance, integrity, content and quality
- Oversee actions and procedures to be sure that business is always being conducted within the confines of compliance, including possibly assisting with inspections
- Perform regular checks on the store’s security systems and personnel to be sure that all mandated systems and the facility on a whole is operating safely and efficiently
- Conduct product and compliance research and attend training programs and meetings to stay up to date on important changes in regulatory oversight and product development
- Must be able to manipulate and utilize basic Microsoft Office Programs
- Must be able to navigate and manipulate web-based applications and menus
- Must have experience handling, processing and counting cash for daily deposits
- Must be able to navigate and utilize the inner-workings of the POS system
The Assistant Store Manager must be able to think on their feet and be a creative problem solver who is able to keep business operations running safely and efficiently no matter what the circumstances. You will be responsible for overseeing daily operations and should be able to cultivate and maintain positive relationships with and provide support to the store manager, supervisors and floor staff. You must be aware of emergency protocols and operating procedures, should an event occur, and you will be expected to communicate with law enforcement and compliance officers. You will face many challenges as an assistant store manager, but your main objective is to work in conjunction with your store manager, staff, vendors, administrators and local law enforcement to ensure that patrons of Terrapin Care Station are provided with excellent customer service and an exceptional shopping experience.
Disclosures: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Terrapin Care Station is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm