The Assistant grower plays an integral role in the maintenance and upkeep of safe, clean and compliant garden operations. It requires organizational skills, accuracy, foresight, autonomy and a superior level of initiative and productivity in order to complete all required job functions. It will be important to understand the laws that govern operations in a cultivation facility as to ensure that Terrapin Care Station maintains safe and compliant practices at all times. The assistant grower will report to the Garden Manager to see what needs to be accomplished for the day and should be able to take instruction and follow directions with accuracy and precision.
There is a long list of tasks you may be asked to perform on the job including, but not limited to:
- Assisting Garden Manager: Report to Garden Manager each day for a list of daily objectives
- Have a basic knowledge of all laws governing garden operations and maintain compliance in all actions surrounding daily activities
- Have an understanding of all tools/equipment needed to run the garden including but not limited to: pumps, timers, lights, sprayers, etc.
- Be able to run the basic operations of the garden in the grow manager’s absence.
- Keep the garden’s floors, shelves, and work areas clean and tidy.
- Have a basic understanding of pest management and be able to identify common diseases, notify garden manager and treat them.
- Understand Pesticide and Fertilizer safe handling and application
- Must be willing to undergo Worker Protection Standards training
- Report any items that may be needed to the grow manager so they can be purchased in a timely manner.
- Be able to open/close the garden in the grow managers absence.
As an Assistant Grower, you may be subject to extensive physical activity; and you will be expected to maintain a high level of initiative and autonomy at all times. A strict attention to detail and the ability to follow instruction and the laws that govern the actions of a grower’s daily operations will be necessary to complete the job expected of you. You will be an important part of maintaining safe and compliant operation of the garden at all times. This is a full-time position with benefits requiring 35-40 hours weekly
- This position will require that you to work weekends when necessary
- This position will require that you to be on your feet throughout the day
- This position will require a lot of lifting
How we treat our customers is how we treat all applicants with care & respect.
Terrapin is a consumer-focused cultivator, processor and provider of high-quality medical and recreational cannabis products. Founded in 2009, we have six storefronts on Colorado’s Front Range and operate a medical cannabis grower/processor operation in Clinton County, Pa. Terrapin also operates a medical cannabis grower/processor facility in Grand Rapids, Mich. For more information, visit TerrapinCareStation.com. Follow TCS on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Our organization thrives on a diverse environment. Terrapin Care Station is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). All applicants will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation, you may contact us by email@example.com