Combo Scale Supervisor
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Fast growing national cannabis brand seeks a Combo Scale Supervisor. This position will report to the Packaging Manager and Production Manager. This self-motivated individual supervises the operation of the combo scale and the flower packaging team. Combo Scale Supervisor are expected to keep the crew stocked with work to do while monitoring quality to ensure the product is packaged with care and meets Terrapin’s standards. A successful candidate demonstrates strong leadership and organizational skills. The Combo Scale Supervisor is responsible for performing a wide variety of duties including accurately and efficiently supervising the flower packaging team as they weigh and package product.
- Understand operation and routine maintenance of single load cell and combination scales.
- Maintain accurate counts of bottled product, as well as back-stock and inventory to be moved to retail locations
- Maintain inventory of packaging supplies and equipment.
- Able to give clear and direct direction to their crew. Theses directions will be given by either the Production Manager or the Packaging Manager.
- Computer Literacy: Should be able to use a windows operating system including Microsoft Office, the POS system, and inventory software. Should have a knowledge of web-based menus and applications.
- Cannabis Knowledge: Should possess a willingness to learn strain genetics and morphology, as well as signs of disease or other quality issues pertaining to the products.
- Compliance Knowledge: Must be aware of all laws surrounding compliance.
At a minimum, here’s what you need:
- Current State Mandated Badge or Background Check.
- A strong competency working with digital spreadsheets. (Excel, Google sheets)
- Ability to stand for 8 hours a day
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform other duties as needed
- Able to manage multiple tasks in a fast moving, highly regulated environment with deadlines
We’d also like if you to have:
1+ years of previous cannabis experience
How we treat our customers is how we treat all applicants with care & respect. Our organization thrives on a diverse environment. Terrapin Care Station is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). All applicants will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation, you may contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Terrapin is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm